Friday, July 31, 2009

End of July?

Can it really be the end of July already? Time continues to fly by!

This week and this upcoming weekend are pretty big for us. We had an ultrasound done on Tuesday and our little guy is measuring at 35 weeks and 6 days (as of Tuesday) and a whopping 6 pounds 7 ounces! Too bad I was only 32 weeks and 6 days at the ultrasound! I guess I just cook 'em big! This little man is competing with is FCOR (first-cousin-once-removed) Katie to see who can be the biggest baby in the family - I'm hoping that Katie continues to hold the record - for my own sake :)

Yesterday we had our 33 week appointment and nothing new to report there. Just a big baby!

Today was Mike's brother's, Tom, graduation from his second Bachelor's Degree. He graduated from Duquesne University with his nursing degree! Now if we could just get him a job :)

Tomorrow my cousins from Florida and Ohio are coming to PA! We only get to see them about once a year and I can't wait! On a sadder note, Mike and I have to go to a viewing for one of my former SRU professors - Mrs. Hawk. She lost her 3-year long battle with colon cancer last week and the viewing is tomorrow night. I am so glad that Mike is going with me - I wouldn't be able to do it on my own.

Now on to Saturday (Aug.1st)! It's time for our baby shower! I am so excited to see everyone and celebrate our little blessing :) I guess the shower will just make everything so real because then (hopefully) we will have most of the essentials needed for the baby. We are both so excited!

As for right now, I am fiercly fighting this STUPID heartburn - I am so sick of it! It doesn't matter what I eat or drink - or when I eat or drink it - I get heartburn every evening so I can't go to bed till at least 1:00 a.m. That's not too fun :( At least I'm getting a lot accomplished - laundry's in right now :)

And speaking of laundry - we finally finished the Laundry Room! Mike and I drywalled, mudded, painted and carpeted it all ourselves! We are so proud! One corner of the room is dedicated to me and all my scrapbooking crap and the rest is the utility/laundry room. It looks so nice and we can't wait to do the rest of the basement! We will have someone put up the studs for us and then we will have my Dad's friend Jim do the rest of the wiring and then we will finish it! There is something to be said for doing your own projects around your house :)

Ok - that is all for tonight - I think I've rambled on long enough! Lots of love to all :)

No comments: