Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Trimester

Well - we've made it! It's finally the coveted 3rd Trimester! I am feeling the baby move more and more every day - he's a mover and shaker! Mike and I went in last Tuesday (6/16) for my 26 week check-up. The doctor measured my belly and said she was concerned because of how big I was measuring. I was measuring almost 31 weeks at 27 weeks. She ordered another sonogram for us. Mike and I went back into the doctor's office Wednesday morning for our sonogram. The tech said that I was measuring so big because I had an excess amount of fluid. She didn't seem worried so we didn't worry.

That night I got a call from the midwife. She was very concerned about the extra fluid and she started talking about the baby's kidney's not functioning! Talk about freaking a pregnant lady out! So I got all my tears out and called the office in the morning and demanded an appointment to talk to the doctor. We got an appointment and the doctor told us that anywhere from 20 - 25 is normal and I was measuring a 26 with the fluid. He said that while it is elevated, there is nothing to freak out about. The doctor did order a more extensive ultrasound to be done at AGH on Tuesday (yesterday). We breathed a big sigh of relief and left for Vegas that night.

Yesterday, Mike and I went down to AGH for our advanced scan and to see the specialist. After looking at the baby the ultrasound tech said that my fluid was 18/6 and anywhere from 8 - 24 is normal. I think Mike and I about jumped out of our skin! She said that the baby looks very healthy and is measuring a week ahead of schedule, as he has done since my very first ultrasound! It looks like this little guy isn't so little :)

Anyway - to make a very long story short - the baby is doing great and so am I! We only have 12 weeks left and I know they will go by so fast. I just feel like I'm gonna be pregnant forever. I haven't had a drink since Christmas Eve! I sure do miss my vino - but it's all worth it for my little man!

No comments: